With an estimated 20.8 billion devices to be connected by 2020, the Internet of Things is changing the way we live and Enterprise of Things is changing the way we work. BlackBerry Limited announces a feature update of productivity and security on a business software platform designed to strengthen Enterprise of Things.
As part of BlackBerry Secure, the most secure and comprehensive platform for connecting people, devices, processes and systems, BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite provides secure management and security policies across all important platforms (iOS, Android, Windows 10, macOS, and Samsung Knox) and proprietary device models such as BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and Corporate Owned.
BlackBerry Allows Enterprise of Things to Grow
It can be provided on-site, as a cloud service, and now includes the following features to improve productivity and security:
1. Manage and Secure Microsoft Office 365 Mobile Applications
Information Technology is able to manage and implement security policies for Microsoft Office 365 mobile applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint from BlackBerry UEM.
2. Accessing Business Data on Unmanaged Laptops
BlackBerry Access users are now able to work securely with business data using their personal computer or BYOL (Bring-Your-Own-Laptop) with Windows 10 and MacOS systems
3. Provide In-line Comments, @Mentions and DocuSign
The secure BlackBerry Enterprise Solution for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS), the BlackBerry Workspaces, has been updated to allow comments, @mentions and attention to the line of writing. DocuSign has also been integrated, adding the main workflow to legally binding documents such as loan applications and financial transactions.
4. Improving Application AnalysisBlackBerry Analytics is now able to track daily and monthly active users, minutes used every day, usage by OS type and version, daily number of launch and feature based users (such as 1: 1 communication vs. group communication). This application's analytical capability provides an opportunity for information technology actors and developers to gain the critical insights they need to improve business productivity, such as UX stream modifications, modify training or modify maintenance schedules.
5. Manage More Wearable Devices
BlackBerry has expanded endpoint management capabilities of software including modern work tools such as smart glasses (smart glasses). Applications specifically targeted for wearables like Ubimax and Atheer, can also be managed securely.
The industry's leading BlackBerry security, has been trusted by organizations in government, defense, intelligence and other environments that have stringent security requirements. In addition to more than 80 security certifications, BlakcBerry has been named the Leader in Gartners June 2017 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites.
This year, BlackBerry companies have also moved even higher in execution and further in vision, and also become one of four EMM vendors positioned in Leaders Quadrant. BlackBerry also got the highest score on six use cases in Gartner's Critical Capabilities for High-Security Mobility Management report in August 2016.
Also read articles about blackberry or other Grace Fika Hanna writing.