Image source: http://waytorussia.net/sites/default/files/russian-visa-application-form.gif
There are many stories that say that applying to a visa country United States (USA) somewhat difficult. Especially since the USA launched the war against global terrorism, since the events of 9/11, it is understandable that the US Government will tighten security at the entrances of his country, for the national security of USA. Good for the citizens of USA, but so bothered for foreign citizens who want to go to the USA. At first I was also somewhat affected by the negative info that said how hard it is to get a USA visa.
Until finally my own experience that concluded that taking care of USA visa is not as difficult as most people think. That's why I share my experience. Hopefully useful.
Today gini, all information is on the internet, always start with "googling". Start reading through the experiences of many people applying for USA visas. At the very least, you become updated with the latest conditions before applying for a visa.
1. Official Website: https://ustraveldocs.com/id/
The first time, you will be asked if this is the first time you apply for a USA visa? answer honestly. For example, you answer "Yes", then what visa option will appear? Choose "Non-Immigrant" if you are a temporary visitor only in the USA (e.g. vacation, business, school, etc.). After that please read-read visa application procedure.
2. Complete the DS-160 Form at: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
Before filling out the form, please prepare a 5cm x 5 cm fitting photo, in JPG format, which will be uploaded in the DS-160 form.
Picture format rules can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/visaphotoreq_5334.html
In short: JPG, max size 240 kB, 60% face photo, white background, 600 x 600 pixels. If confused, go to the photographer who used to print for USA visa only, then ask for the file tailored to the DS-160 requirements.
The DS-160 form filling guide can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.htmlSome tips:
– Note the Application ID you obtained when registering. Also note the answers to the 'security questions' you chose to login again.
– Fill in all data, as complete as possible, do not skip anything. Especially Education data. Even if written request your educational info in the last 10 years, but fill it all, ranging from SMP-SMA-Univ, and so on.
– You can save the application, and then continue to fill again the next day. The maximum limit for completing form fields is 30 days.
– After you finish completing this form, do not forget to print your DS-160 confirmation page.
3. Pay Visa Fee through Standard Chartered Bank / designated Bank Permata.
Note that, not all bank branches above may receive USA visa payments. Oh yes, as of September 1, 2012, when it will pay, you must bring proof of the deposit already printed to the bank.
Proof of deposit can be accessed at: https://ustraveldocs.com/id_bi/en-niv-paymentinfo.asp
Adjust your visa fee, eg for a tourist visa is USD 160. Then click the link "Slip Deposit – $ 160 MRV cost" then print it and take it to the bank.
4. Schedule an Interview at: https://ustraveldocs.com/id_bi/en-niv-appointmentschedule.asp
Prepare: proof of transfer with its MRV number (insert without US code), application ID Form DS-160You must create a username and password in order to schedule an interview at the embassy. After that you can login and select the date and time of his interview. Note, the available time generally is: 07:00 07:30 08:00 08:30 and 09:00. If you choose that at 7 o'clock, then you should come at the embassy around 5:00. Because the queue on certain days will be quite long. Estimates, 2 hours before the interview schedule, you must already be queued in front of the US embassy.
After the scheduling is complete do not forget to print the confirmation schedule interview.
5. Prepare Necessary Documents
– Confirmation of DS-160
– Pas photo 5 x 5 cm, 1 lbr
– Proof of transfer of visa fee
– Confirmation of interview schedule
– Last 3 months financial evidence (savings, deposits, other assets), must be ORIGINAL
– Birth certificate, Marriage Certificate, Family Card
– Certificate of Company / School
The fun of applying for an American visa is1. You do not need to be bothered with proof of booking plane, proof of hotel booking, and itinerary while in USA.
2. If your visa is approved, it will be valid for 5 (five) years. Fun is not it?
Ok, until here, the initial preparation has been settled … (Continued on How to Easily Get through the US Embassy Interview …)