President Joko Widodo made the Declaration of Forest Adat at the State Palace, Jakarta, Friday (30/12). Jokowi explained, the declaration is an acknowledgment of traditional rights of indigenous peoples associated with forest areas.
There are nine groups of indigenous peoples who inaugurated President Jokowi related to the recognition of customary forests with an area of ??13,122.3 hectares for 5700 families.
"This process of recognition will continue, this is the beginning because many of our customary law communities are scattered throughout the country," said Jokowi at the State Palace, Jakarta, Friday (30/12).
Jokowi asked the relevant ministries to take systematic steps to keep the development going and the environment is well preserved. Jokowi also reminded for conservation forest that changed its status to become forest of rights so conservation function must be maintained and should not be changed its function let alone be traded.
"The division of decree is given to the big corporations we will now start that the forest management decree will be handed over to the people Yesterday it has been given in Pulang Pisau District 12 thousand hectare to farmer group and on this day SK about customary forest also has broken egg and will continue, "he said.
Through the decree, Jokowi ensures indigenous peoples can manage forests forever and in maps there will be adjustments and new criteria of customary forests.
"This is important because in my pocket there are 12.7 million hectares of forest that will continue to be distributed to the community, to the people, to the farmers' groups, to the indigenous peoples so that those who enjoy our forest wealth are the people, the indigenous people," he said.
Through the recognition of community rights, customary forests, recognition of customary forests, recognition of traditional rights, indigenous and tribal peoples, Jokowi means the recognition of Indonesia's original value and the recognition of Indonesia's identity.
"So this will continue to be selected and continue to be given because what we give today is still very small, because in my pocket once again 12.7 million hectares," he said.
Here are nine recognition of customary forest given by President Jokowi at the State Palace, Friday (30/12)
1. Indigenous Forest Ammatoa Kajang, Tanah Towa Village, Pattiroang Village, Malleleng Village and Bonto Baji Village, Bulukumba Regency, South Sulawesi Province, an area of ??approximately 313.99 Ha;2. Serampas Indigenous Forest, Rantau Kermas Village, Merangin District, Jambi Province, an area of ??approximately 130.00 Ha
3. Traditional Forest Wana Posangke, Village Taronggo, North Morowali District, an area of ??approximately 6.212 Ha
4. Indigenous Forest Kasepuhan Karang, Jagaraksa Village, Lebak District, an area of ??approximately 486 Ha
5. Indigenous Forest of Bukit Sembahyang and Padun Gelanggang, Waterfall Village, Kerinci Regency, Jambi Province, area of ??approximately 39.04 Ha
6. Bukit Tinggai Indigenous Forest, Sungai Deras Village Kerinci District, Jambi Province, area of ??approximately 41.27 Ha
7. Tiger Luhah Perementi Sixth Forest, Pungut Mudik Village, Kerinci Regency, Jambi Province, an area of ??approximately 276 Ha
8. Customary Forest of Tigo Luhah Kemantan, Kemantan Kabalai Village, Kemantan Tinggi Village, Kemantan Land Village, Kemantan Mudik Village, Kemantan Raya Village, Kemantan Agung Village, Kerinci Regency, Jambi Province, 452 Ha
9. Indigenous Forest Tombak Haminjon (Kemenyan) Desa Padumaan Sipituhuta, Humbang Hasundutan District, an area of ??approximately 5172 Ha. [lia]