In addition to opening several areas, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono on April 23, 2014 through Presidential Regulation No. 39 of 2014 also issued a provision on a list of closed business fields with requirements in the field of investment.
This new regulation is intended to further increase investment in Indonesia, and as the implementation of Indonesia's commitment in the implementation of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) which will take effect from 2015.
In the Presidential Regulation, the government divides 3 business groups, namely closed business field; open business field with requirements ie business fields reserved for Small and Medium Enterprises and Cooperatives, business fields required by partnership, and business fields required by capital ownership, specific locations and special permits; as well as open business fields.
Reporting on the Cabinet Secretariat page, Friday (9/5/2014), the Presidential Regulation stipulates more details on the areas of business declared as closed for investment, namely:
1. Agriculture field that is cultivation of marijuana
2. Forestry Sector: a. Breeding of fish species listed in appendix I Convention on Interna- tion Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES); b. Utilization of coral / coral from nature for building / lime / calcium and souvenir / jewelry, as well as live corals and dead coral (recent death coral) from nature
3. Industry, among others, 1. industrial fields that can damage the environment: a. Manufacture of Chlor Alkali with Mercury process; b. Industrial active ingredients of Pesticides, and the like; c. Industrial chemicals (Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) and Hexachlorobenzene); d. Industry of Ozone Depleting Substances (Carbon, Methyl and the like)
Then 2. Chemical industry as stipulated in Attachment 1 of Law Number 9 Year 2008 regarding Use of Chemical and Chemical Weapons; and 3. An alcoholic beverage industry (liquor, wine, and beverage containing Malt)
4. Transportation Sector, namely: a. Operation and operation of passenger terminal of land transportation; b. Operation / operation of vehicle weighing; c. Telecommunications / navigation navigation aids and Vessel Traffict Information System (VTIS); d. Operation of flight navigation services; and e. Carrier type test
5. Field of Communication and Informatics is the management and organizing radio frequency spectrum monitoring station and satellite orbit
6. Education and Culture, namely: a. Government Museum; and b. Heritage Archaeological Heritage (temple, palace, inscription, petilasan, ancient buildings, and others)7. Tourism and Creative Economy, namely gambling and casinos
According to this Presidential Regulation, a closed business field may be utilized for noncommercial purposes, such as: research and development, with the approval of the agency responsible for fostering the field. (Nrm)